Notice of Intent
PUBLIC NOTICE OF PASSENGER FACILITY CHARGE APPLICATION
(Date of Publication: April 15, 2022)
The County of Sonoma intends to file a notice of intent with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to Use Passenger Facility Charges (PFC) revenue for a project at the Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport (Airport) under PFC Application # 7 – Project No. 10 (Project Number: 19-07-C-00-STS-010).
As required by Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 158.24, the Airport must provide written notice to the public and an opportunity for public comment before filing its notice of intent with the FAA.
The Airport is planning to continue imposing a $4.50 charge for each enplaned passenger. The estimated effective date for this application is May 30, 2022 and the estimated charge expiration date to be March 31, 2049.
PFC project descriptions, justifications, schedules and financing information are presented below.
- PFC Level: $4.50 per enplaned passenger. As per section 158.3, an enplaned passenger is defined as a domestic, territorial, or international passenger enplaned in scheduled or non scheduled service on aircraft in intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce. A revenue passenger is one who possesses an air travel ticket. An air travel ticket means all documents pertaining to a passenger’s complete itinerary to transport a passenger by air, including passenger manifests.
- Proposed Charge Effective Date: May 30, 2022
- Estimated Charge Expiration Date: March 31, 2049
- Estimated Total PFC Revenue: $1,750,000 not including interest
The period for public comment will expire at 5:00 pm on May 16, 2022.
Comments may be submitted, or additional information obtained, by contacting:
Jon Stout, AAE, CAE
Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport
2290 Airport Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Tel. (707) 565-7243
Proposed Passenger Facility Charge Application # 7 – Project No. 10
Description of Projects being considered for funding by PFC Revenue
I. Terminal Expansion Project No. 10:
1. Holdroom, Checkpoint and Baggage Makeup Expansion – $1,750,000 (Project Date: 2019-2023)
Description: Construction of the permanent Terminal expansion and renovation.
Justification: This project is necessary for the Airport to meet the future needs of passengers.
Project Date: 2019-2023
Total Cost: $ 25,000,000
Percentage Eligible: 87%
Eligible PFC Cost: $ 1,750,000
AIP Coverage: $ 20,000,000