How to Get an AOA Badge
Apply for an AOA Badge
- Contact your Authorized Signer (typically company general manager or main hangar tenant) to confirm that you are on their Sponsor List on record in the Airport Manager’s Office.
- Call 707-565-7243 to schedule an AOA Start appointment in the Airport Manager’s Office, 2290 Airport Boulevard, Santa Rosa.
- Bring a current U.S. passport OR two forms of identification (See I-9 for acceptable documentation) to your appointment. If you have questions about acceptable ID, refer to Form I-9 or call 707-565-7243. Applications cannot be processed without the required ID. Bring original ID; photocopies are not accepted. Please note: If the U.S. is not your country of birth you will need to bring in an additional form of identification. Please provide a current U.S. passport, a Certificate of Birth Abroad, OR Permanent Resident Card to complete the application process (see form below). Your application cannot be processed without this additional identification.
- You will fill out an AOA Badge application upon arrival to your appointment. For your convenience, if you want to complete the application at home, click on the AOA Badge application link below. NOTE: DO NOT sign and date your application until instructed to do so at your appointment.
- The AOA badges cost $40 and must be paid during your AOA Start appointment, unless you are an employee of a commercial tenant. Cash or checks accepted. No credit card option available. Make checks payable to Sonoma County Airport.
AOA Badge Approval Process
- Once you complete your AOA start appointment, your AOA application will be submitted to TSA for review.
- This process takes about a week to ten days to complete.
- After approval by TSA, you or your Authorized Signer will be notified by email from the Airport Manager’s Office that your badge is ready for pick-up. You are required to have an AOA Badge Pick-up Appointment to pick up the badge.
AOA Badge Pick-Up Appointment
- Call (707) 565-7243 to schedule an AOA Pick-up Appointment to pick up your badge from the Airport Manager’s Office. We DO NOT accept walk-ins without an appointment.
- Each person who has been approved for an AOA badge must pick up their own badge. Others are not allowed to pick up your badge for you. AOA badges are not sent by mail.
- During the appointment your photo is taken and we go over Rules, Regulations and Penalties with you before the AOA badge is issued.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to pick up your badge as soon as possible. It is only active for 60 days after the TSA approval date. If you are unable to pick up your badge within the 60 day period, you will be required to start the entire process over again, including payment.
Forms and Printouts
- Form I-9: Reminder: Bring original ID to your appointment; photocopies are not not accepted; Please see the I-9 for a list of all acceptable forms of documentation.
- AOA Badge Application: Reminder: Do not sign and date until instructed at appointment.
- AOA Badge and Access Media Rules, Regulations and Penalties.