How to Get an AOA Badge
Step 1: Apply for an AOA Badge
- Contact your Authorized Signer (typically company general manager or main hangar tenant) to confirm that you are on their Sponsor List on record in the Airport Manager’s Office.
- Download, read, and fill out the AOA Badge Application and additional forms below.
- Call 707-565-7243 to schedule an appointment in the Airport Manager’s Office, 2290 Airport Boulevard, Santa Rosa.
- Bring your application forms and two forms of identification to your appointment. Applications cannot be processed without the required ID. If you have questions about acceptable ID, refer to Form I-9 or call 707-565-7243. Bring original ID; photocopies are not accepted. Please note: If the U.S. is not your country of birth you will need to bring in an additional form of identification. Please provide a current U.S. passport, a Certificate of Birth Abroad, OR a Naturalization Number to complete the application process (see form below). Your application cannot be processed without this additional identification.
- The badge must be paid for during your first appointment, unless you are an employee of a Commercial Tenant. Please contact the Airport Manager’s office to confirm the cost of your badge. Cash or checks are accepted. Make checks payable to Sonoma County Airport.
Step 2: AOA Approval Process
- Once you turn in your application it will be submitted to TSA for review.
- This process takes about a week to ten days to complete.
- After approval by TSA, you or your Authorized Signer will be notified by email from the Airport Manager’s Office that your badge is ready for pick-up. You are required to have an appointment to pick up the badge.
Step 3: Pick-up and AOA Training
- Call (707) 565-7243 to schedule an appointment to pick up your badge from the Airport Manager’s Office. We DO NOT accept walk-ins without an appointment.
- Each person who has been approved for an AOA badge must pick up their own badge. Others are not allowed to pick up your badge for you. AOA badges are not sent by mail.
- Please do not be late for your appointment. If you are more than ten minutes late, it may be necessary to reschedule for another day.
- During the appointment we go over Rules, Regulations, and Penalties with you before the AOA badge is issued.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to pick up your badge as soon as possible. It is only active for 60 days after the TSA approval date. If you are unable to pick up your badge within the 60 day period, you will be required to start the entire process over again, including payment.
An Authorized Signatory is a designated person authorized to sponsor individuals and request Airport Identification badges (AOA or SIDA) on behalf of their company, hangar, or agency. Authorized Signatories are required to maintain an up-to-date Sponsor List (see form below) with the Airport Manager’s Office. When there are changes to be made on your list, send us an email or fax to (707) 542-5303. All changes must be made in writing.
Authorized Signers are required to complete an annual training. You will be notified when it is time for your annual training. Once you receive the notification, please review the Federal Regulation and Authorized Signatory Training and complete the signature forms that were mailed to you. Once you have completed the annual training, please return the signature forms to the Airport Manager’s office via scan/email, fax (707-542-5303) or mail. If you are unable to view the online training documents, please contact the Airport Manager’s office at (707) 565-7243.
Forms and Printouts
- Privacy Act Notice, AOA Badge Application Form, and Privacy Certification – Social Security Number Verification. Currently being updated – check back at a later date.
- Form I-9 Acceptable forms of identification for AOA and SIDA applicants’ reference. Bring original ID, photocopies are not accepted.
- Contact the Airport Manager’s office for a copy of the AOA Badge and Access Media Regulations, and Penalties packet for review by applicants.
Questions? Call (707) 565-7243 or send us an email.